Monday, October 3, 2011

countdown!

today i fly to the east coast. i wave farewell to family and friends in the warm california sunshine. my heart is full. my legs are tired. and luckily my luggage isn't too heavy.

this time next week. i'll be getting ready for yet another flight. i'll be saying goodbye to my other-brother and all my crazy eastcoast friends. i'll be whispering fond words to the winter wind and snowstorms.

it's all so very strange.

i thought this day couldn't come soon enough (oddly it didn't). and yet i am sad to go. i hate leaving this part of my life. my american self. but what is waiting for me on the other side is so wonderful.

my kitten. my husband. my adorable gay neighbor. sunday lunches. tuna mayo sammiches with sweet corn. jacket spuds. cauliflower cheese. fish fingers. roundabouts. castles. tiny cars. real pubs. cobblestones. sheep as far as the eye can see.

everything i've grown to love.

i'm so happy to be going home.

7 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment